Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Visa Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jennyl E

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Visa Application   Visa Application EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 am

Bonjour!

I’ve already received the confirmation of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship from the European Commission and other documents through email. My host University will be in Nice, France.

I am currently preparing my documents required for the visa application. However I’m quite confused about some requirements:

1. According to the website of the French embassy in the Philippines, one of the documents needed is the “proof of lodging in France”. Is it really mandatory? If yes, can you give me some information on how am I going to process my accommodation?

2. In addition, it is stated that there is a visa application fee. Am I the one who should shoulder the said amount? or is it included already in the scholarship?

3. Lastly, it is stated in the Erasmus Mundus document that we are required to be covered by an insurance scheme. How am I going to process my insurance? or is it the consortium who are going to take care of this?

I hope you can enlighten me about these matters.

Thank you and best regards,
Jennyl
Back to top Go down
vikram

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Application   Visa Application EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:25 am

Jennyl E wrote:
Bonjour!
Salut Jennyl
Jennyl E wrote:
I’ve already received the confirmation of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship from the European Commission and other documents through email. My host University will be in Nice, France.
Congratulations on your selection to the EuroAquae course. Smile
Jennyl E wrote:
I am currently preparing my documents required for the visa application. However I’m quite confused about some requirements:

1. According to the website of the French embassy in the Philippines, one of the documents needed is the “proof of lodging in France”. Is it really mandatory? If yes, can you give me some information on how am I going to process my accommodation?
If it is one of the requirements listed on the website of the embassy then I would suggest that you play it safe and provide them with some such proof. I'm fully aware that you still don't have a place to live in France. I would recommend that you write to the university in Nice asking them how good the chances of getting accommodation in a students' accommodation are. In any case ask if they would be able to provide a letter that can help your application in this respect.
Jennyl E wrote:
2. In addition, it is stated that there is a visa application fee. Am I the one who should shoulder the said amount? or is it included already in the scholarship?
Sorry but you have to pay this fees yourself.
Jennyl E wrote:
3. Lastly, it is stated in the Erasmus Mundus document that we are required to be covered by an insurance scheme. How am I going to process my insurance? or is it the consortium who are going to take care of this?
The rules about the insurance have changed this year and unfortunately I'm not aware of the current state of things. According to the last information that we have, Nice was trying to arrange for insurance for all students from their sides but this was still being negotiated and not yet confirmed. It would be helpful if you could send an email to the university in Nice asking them about the current situation in this matter. It would also be great if you could include our email address in the cc field or post the reply that you get on this forum for the benefit of the other students.
Jennyl E wrote:
I hope you can enlighten me about these matters.

Thank you and best regards,
Jennyl
Back to top Go down
Jennyl E

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Application   Visa Application EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:45 am

Hi Vikram!

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciated it.

Regarding the "proof of lodging in France", I have already sent an email to the coordinator in Nice but unfortunately, until now, I haven't heard anything from them.

About accommodation, I really have no idea about living in Nice, so, if anyone of you guys can give me some tips and advice, i would greatly appreciate it.

I learned from this forum that previous students of Euroaquae are giving out some survival kits and guides to incoming students like me. I'd be glad if you can also share to me those useful guidebooks. Please do email me at estil [dot] jennyl [at] yahoo [dot] com

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Jennyl
Back to top Go down
vikram

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Application   Visa Application EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:33 am

Hi Jennyl,
The problem is that I personally have never lived in Nice so I cannot help you a lot in this regard. I'm trying to contact some people who have indeed lived in Nice in the past and try and support you more about the accommodation question at least for now. I'll try to send the administration in Nice an email on my behalf and will post any reply that I get over here. As for the guides, as I said in another thread, we'll try to update these with the latest information and upload them, hopefully by the end of next week.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Gopi

Gopi

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Reg. Acco   Visa Application EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:56 am

Hey Jennyl,

Congratulations first of all !!

I did my third semester in Nice. Reg acco in Nice u hav two options, either u can go for University residences or Private acco. In univ residences, there are two options ...one is in the city (Jean Medecin) which is 40 mins drive frm the univ....others are near to the uni but quite far away from the city (Le Dolines, Newton)....In case of private acco there are plenty of options....some of them near to the univ (juzz within walkable distance) ...I was staying in Antibes , relatively smaller city compared to Nice ...but its quite convenient !! ....in France, irrespective of the place u stay, u'll get support frm the Govt. (CAF) ....u'll get nearly 30% refund !! ...if u need more info...juzz lemme knw...will send u da acco guides later this weekend...
Back to top Go down
Jennyl E

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Application   Visa Application EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 am

Hi Vikram! I already got the "proof of lodging" document and I'm now just waiting for the approval of my visa. Thanks!

Gopi, thanks to your reply. Regarding the accommodation in Nice, am I the one who should make the arrangement myself? or the euroaquae team will assist me? By the way, I haven't received yet the guides. I'll be glad if you can send it to me again. Thanks.. Here's my email: estil.jennyl@yahoo.com

Kind regards,

Jennyl
Back to top Go down
Gopiraam

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Application   Visa Application EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:47 am

Hi Jennyl,

Have sent you the location guide...Hav it as a reference !!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Gopi

Gopi

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Application   Visa Application EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:53 am

Quote :

Gopi, thanks to your reply. Regarding the accommodation in Nice, am I the one who should make the arrangement myself? or the euroaquae team will assist me? By the way, I haven't received yet the guides. I'll be glad if you can send it to me again. Thanks.. Here's my email: estil.jennyl@yahoo.com

Hi Jennyl,

Regarding your accommodation, you can contact Mr. Yves Dominoni.You can either opt for Jean Medicin which is in the city centre or some student accommodation which is closer to the university but its slightly expensive.I have sent you the location guide for Nice.But it was prepared two years ago.So have it as a reference till I send you the latest one.

Cheers,
Gopi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Visa Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Application   Visa Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Visa Application
Page 1 of 1