Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions about scholarship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug

Questions about scholarship Empty
PostSubject: Questions about scholarship   Questions about scholarship EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Douglas, i'm a civil eng. student from Brazil and next year i will finally get my diploma. =)

I'm really interested for applying in euroaquae, but i have some doubts about the admission.

At the moment i'm working with hidrology studies in gas pipelines crossing rivers and i also have work experience in the local water company here in my city. I have experience in geotechnical engineering too, but this is not relevant for euroaquae.

My grades average are around 72% and TOEFL won't be a problem for me(i believe).

Next year i'm thinking about join a research project here at my college, because i don't have any participations in research activities.

I would like to hear from you what are my chances of getting an erasmus mundus scholarship or some tips of what to do to increase my chances of getting a scholarship.

Thanks a lot!! Laughing
my email : dougrover@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Dougl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about scholarship   Questions about scholarship EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm

i forgot to tell that all my work experience that i wrote about is as a trainee
Back to top Go down
Hossein

Hossein

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Questions about scholarship   Questions about scholarship EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:20 am

Hi Douglas

I suppose you have a good track of academic and work experience, which I think it is valuable for the admission to the course.

Civil Engineering background can be a good backbone for the course, of course depends on the course you have passed, but generally should be a good one. Also, even though related work experience would weigh higher, any kind of work experience (which I think geo-technical is still relevant) is useful and appreciated. Euro Aqaue is not just about academia, there are plenty of other things you should consider.

Of course, language is very important, make sure you have a high level of skills in there.

Of course, there is a high level of competition for this course, especifically as there is a grant also available, but I would think with your qualification, if presented in a proper way, you may have a chance.

Good luck with that
Back to top Go down
Doug

PostSubject: Re: Questions about scholarship   Questions about scholarship EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Thanks a lot for the information Hossein!!!

It is possible for you to tell me more about the application "presented in a proper way" ?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Hossein

Hossein

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Questions about scholarship   Questions about scholarship EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:52 pm

I meant to present it well, generally.

Make sure you are presenting your skills in a way which matches the most with the requirements. Of course, this doesn't mean to exaggerate anything or hide other things, but just to highlight the important points which would be more beneficial to meet the requirements. make sure you know how to improve your CV and applications, there are loads of helpful tips if you just search for it on the Net.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Doug

PostSubject: Re: Questions about scholarship   Questions about scholarship EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Got it!
i apreciate your help!
Thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about scholarship   Questions about scholarship Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about scholarship
Page 1 of 1