Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerwin

confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010 Empty
PostSubject: confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010   confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Hello,

My name is Kerwin Wong and I am an engineer from Canada. I received an email confirmation from an individual from the "Cooperation, Development and International Partnerships" department at the University of Nice indicating that I have been accepted into the program for Sept 2010.
It also indicates that I am on the reserve list for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship and will not be receiving the scholarship unless another candidate withdraws or cancels.
Lastly, the email confirms that the Euro Aquae consortium is able to provide a grant which will cover some of the tuition fees as well as the cost of the course.

Is this normal?
Is this how confirmations of acceptance are usually sent?
I have tried contacting a coordinator but with no luck.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Kerwin
Back to top Go down
Gopi

Gopi

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010   confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi Kerwin,

Thanks for your message.
Normally only non-EU students are eligible for scholarship. But from this year, EU students are also eligible for the scholarships. So they are gonna sponsor part of your studies (Tuition fees and some other expenses) which in my opinion is enough. If you want, you can go for it. If not you can wait for others to withdraw their candidature.
Good Luck with it !!

With Regards,
Gopi
Back to top Go down
vikram

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010   confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi Kerwin,
Kerwin wrote:
It also indicates that I am on the reserve list for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship and will not be receiving the scholarship unless another candidate withdraws or cancels.
Since you are from Canada, you are automatically eligible for a scholarship. However, since the number of scholarships are limited, a waiting list for the scholarships is prepared and people on this waiting list still have a chance to receive the grant in case someone on the main list decides not to join the course. It looks like you are on this waiting list. We don't know about the exact situation but if there are still seats available without a scholarship then perhaps that is the one being offered to you.
Kerwin wrote:
Lastly, the email confirms that the Euro Aquae consortium is able to provide a grant which will cover some of the tuition fees as well as the cost of the course.
Depending on the location for which you get chosen this could very well be true. You should however confirm from the coordinator at the location for the first semester if this is the case at their university as well.
Kerwin wrote:
Is this normal?
Is this how confirmations of acceptance are usually sent?
Yeah, this is actually the normal way of sending acceptance letters.
Kerwin wrote:
I have tried contacting a coordinator but with no luck.
This being the examination period, the coordinators might be busy. In case you still haven't received a reply maybe you can try to follow up on your previous email and contact them again.
Hopefully we were able to answer your questions satisfactorily. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask them.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010   confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

confirmation of acceptance for Sept 2010
Page 1 of 1