Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

summer job!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
carolina

carolina

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-05

summer job! Empty
PostSubject: summer job!   summer job! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:25 am

hello!
does anyone can give me some advice to find a job for this summer? I won't come back home (in Brazil) and I'll be homeless from june.. Sad
so, it doesn't matter where, do you know any enterprise that could give me a 2 months job in our working area? or where should I look for it?
I can't participate in the summer practice as europeans....
Thankyou!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hossein

Hossein

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

summer job! Empty
PostSubject: Re: summer job   summer job! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi Carolina

There are number of things you can do during that time.
- If you are interested, there are always some nice "summer school"s, in different countries, e.g Germany, ... Some of them even might have scholarship, so no worries about costs and ...

- If you wanna find a job in the UK, the best way is going through the websites of companies and see what they offer. In the UK, most of the large companies have schemes to get students, but normally for a longer period of time than 2 months (maybe 6 months or a year). But still there can be opportunities to gain short term too.
I would suggest, to get a list of companies, have a look on their websites, and get in touch with them. Email them and then call them, and see what they have. I am sure you will find something. You should start this process soon, as it takes normally some time to arrange everything.
Also it is good (even better) if you could get in touch with some people within companies, those who can arrange things more easily and faster.

Arranging such working time, will be very good, in one hand gives you some experience, good for your CV, helpful for future job hunting, and more importantly, it brings you some connections to some professionals, which will be definitely helpful in future.

Hope this would be of help. Feel free to ask if there is something unclear.
Back to top Go down

summer job!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EuroAquae Alumni Association :: Announcements: Jobs, PhDs, Internships-
Jump to: