Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...

Go down 
+2
Omid
Balaji
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Balaji

Balaji

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-11-22

Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi all,

Whatever is the date, I think we should do the following things:

1. Introduction of all of us going to Newcastle and G3 students
-- Introduction should include :Name, G1 or G2, country, professional practice or research, current status
2. Goals of Alumni -
-- anything else that we want to talk about the upcoming Alumni works like mentoring/adapting stuff, getting the birthdate of students etc...
-----go down from the goal to the actual purpose of that meeting
3. Good to say what we did last year and how the G2 benefited.
4. As the 3rd sem location selection process for G2 was different than for G1, we can let G2 students to talk about their experience.
5. G1 and G2 together can interact about 3rd semester locations , Professional practice, research oppurtunities and the future after EuroAquae.
6. Social event - going to pubs in Newcastle (there is one old boat pub on Key side -- we should think about going there too).

How many days we are going spend there? At what time we are going leave here? Are we going by car or train or bus?

If we are going to stay then we should contact students there to arrange accomodation like how we did last year.

Hope I didn't miss anything.

Balaji
Back to top Go down
Omid

Omid

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 1:33 am

Quay side Balaji!
I wouldn't have expected such a mistake from you! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.mahabadi.info/
Balaji

Balaji

PostSubject: forgot!!!   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 8:44 am

We should have question and answer session before we start dispersing for interaction.
Back to top Go down
elsa.bottius

elsa.bottius

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: trip to Newcastle   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Hi all,

I think that we should decide first about when we want to go and who is going.
So far we have discussed about 2 possible dates: 28th April or 5th May.
If it's 5th may, 3 people cannot go: Jean-Michel, Yannick and me.
I checked the prices of train and car rental. It depends on the date: on 28th april the cheapest train ticket would be around 50£ and on 5th may, the last time I checked, there was a 30£ ticket. About car, the cheapest price is about 40£, if we pay in advance - and according to Mappy the price of petrol would be around 100€ (approximately 70£).
Who still want to come ?

Cheers Very Happy

Elsa
Back to top Go down
Hossein

Hossein

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: arrangement   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 2:50 pm

Very welcome friends.

Arrangement with 3rd semester students about the meeting itself(not social activities! ;-) and accommodation is done! Shafique and I also will be in the meeting.

Hossein
Back to top Go down
elsa.bottius

elsa.bottius

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptySun Apr 22, 2007 5:55 am

Great ! Very Happy

It would be nice if some people could write a short letter about their experience of third/fourth semester. I remember that Anna read some letters last year and I found it very usefull, so I think it should be repeated. From G2 Yannick and me will write something about Barcelona, Yeshi will write about Budapest, only Nice is missing + comments from G1.
If anybody wants to send any message during this meeting, please send it to me, before May 5th.
Cheers

Elsa
Back to top Go down
Omid

Omid

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 1:01 am

and Hossein! Do NOT forget about the "new" conditions in Cottbus which, in my mind, will make Cottbus even a BETTER choice!

You know what I mean!?
Back to top Go down
Balazs Gyorffy

Balazs Gyorffy

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 8:21 am

Omid wrote:
and Hossein! Do NOT forget about the "new" conditions in Cottbus which, in my mind, will make Cottbus even a BETTER choice!

You know what I mean!?
You mean, that after G2 the expectations about students abilities are pretty low, right? Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Omid

Omid

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 9:58 am

Balazs:
It was NOT any related to the students! I think you guys (G2) did a good job in Cottbus! My point was about something else and I guess Hossein gets my point! flower
By the way, you've made a storm in the forum! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balaji

Balaji

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 5:54 pm

I will prepare a list of points to discuss about Alumni with G3 and let you know.
Back to top Go down
Anna_me
Admin
Anna_me

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 1:43 pm

Hi all,
There is a meeting (JM, Kostya, myself and Balaji in Skype) this Saturday 5pm GMT. Please, send or post all your information before, that we will finalize the Newcastle agenda before the next week. I am planning to send a newsletter before next Monday to make G3 aware of news and ongoing activities.
Back to top Go down
https://eaaa-forum.forumotion.com
Hossein

Hossein

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 3:26 am

to Balazs: mate, we did a great job, no one could do it better than us, we are the best lol!

to Omid: yes, I know what you mean, I can say at least CB will not loose all credibility.

to Balaji,Anna: could you send us(me and Shafique) also the 'list of points to discuss' and 'Newcastle agenda' in advance?
Back to top Go down
Anna_me
Admin
Anna_me

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 5:50 am

Hossein, We'll send you the final version on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
https://eaaa-forum.forumotion.com
Balazs Gyorffy

Balazs Gyorffy

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 7:52 am

Omid, Hossein:
Sure I know and got the point about that change. Cool
Back to top Go down
Balazs Gyorffy

Balazs Gyorffy

PostSubject: NC meetings in the long run   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:50 am

Hi Mates,

I would like to respond to Kostya's reminder mail (2008. may. 02. 08:55).
I just thought that it is more convenient to discuss these things here.

Here is the mail:
Euro Aquae Alumni Association <eaaa_cb@yahoo.com> / Kostya wrote:

Hi friends,

Thanks to those (two people Sad) who have provided me with messages to generation Four already! This email is to let you know that the deadline for the messages to Generation 4 is 10 00 am this Saturday (3rd of May 2008).
So far I have received only two messages (one of general nature and one mainly about Cottbus). There are 3 more locations for the 3rd semestre in EuroAquae and a lot more for the 4th semestre and a lot more for the future career development (whether research or work)!!
C'mon guys, please send a message (half A4 page with Font size 12).
Please submit your messages to eaaa_cb@yahoo.com AND kostyavasiliev@hotmail.com

I am sure Generation Four students will really appreciate that.

Thank you very much in advance,
Kostya

My point is only that we have reports from last year and probably last last year as well. Even I wrote something about Argentina as I remember so I guess these papers exist. Do you have them?

I understand that it would be better to have updated reports from Gen3. I am thinking - as it would be a regular issue each year - that perhaps a kind of form can be prepared to encourage EA mates to write something.

Perhaps the guys don't feel that they have significant information to share. So if there was a paper with questions to fill, perhaps that is easier.

Or is it too much British attitude already? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hossein

Hossein

PostSubject: thanks   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:45 am

Thanks Bali, I also believe this should be done here, for this year and all the following years of the similar period.

We would prepare a documents, containing all the message people have sent to new generations during these sort of periods. About the form with questions though, I think better to be free on the matter one feels to mention. Each senior person can imagine that each (even small) piece of information can be a big value for guys who do not have clear picture of the situation.

I believe "every little helps!", hope people say what they have as their experience...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...   Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting... Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcastle G1,G2 & G3 meeting...
Page 1 of 1