Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EA master!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlos

EA master! Empty
PostSubject: EA master!   EA master! EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:24 am

Hi all!

Im Carlos from Spain, i´m applicating for the EA master for 2011-2013. There are some informations i need in order to applicate for a spanish scholarship:

1.- How much are the tuition fees for a non Erasmus Mundus granted european student?
2.- Which is the date they confirm your acceptance for the Master for a non EM granted candidate? In the website it says september 1st. If i have read well, that is the day the master begins so, should i run to the airport that day if i´m finally accepted? lol!
3.- I´m a civil engineer with 1.5 years of experience, some of that time in water management. I have studied and worked abroad in multicultural teams. According to my profile and your experience, do you think i will be able to be accepted? I know there are a lot of applications...
4.- The score in the TOEFL is strictly mandatory? I´m gonna do my Toefl examn in june and i don´t know if my application will be automatically refused if i don´t get 90 points.

Well, thank you for reading my post. cheers
Back to top Go down
vikram

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-17

EA master! Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA master!   EA master! EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:22 am

Carlos wrote:
Hi all!

Im Carlos from Spain, i´m applicating for the EA master for 2011-2013. There are some informations i need in order to applicate for a spanish scholarship:
Hello Carlos
Carlos wrote:
1.- How much are the tuition fees for a non Erasmus Mundus granted european student?
The EuroAquae Website states that European students who get selected for the scholarship will receive 23,000 Euros in total.
Carlos wrote:
2.- Which is the date they confirm your acceptance for the Master for a non EM granted candidate? In the website it says september 1st. If i have read well, that is the day the master begins so, should i run to the airport that day if i´m finally accepted?
The results of the candidature are announced well in advance to enable, like you mention, to make preparations before the start of the course. Typically the selection results are announced around April/May every year.
Carlos wrote:
3.- I´m a civil engineer with 1.5 years of experience, some of that time in water management. I have studied and worked abroad in multicultural teams. According to my profile and your experience, do you think i will be able to be accepted? I know there are a lot of applications...
Given your background, I think that you have a very good chance to be accepted to the course.
Carlos wrote:
4.- The score in the TOEFL is strictly mandatory? I´m gonna do my Toefl examn in june and i don´t know if my application will be automatically refused if i don´t get 90 points.
Although your application will not be automatically rejected if you don't get the minimum required score at the time of application, you would ideally have to achieve this score before the start of the course.
Back to top Go down
Carlos

EA master! Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA master!   EA master! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:30 am

Thank you very much Vikram for you answer, I´ve sent an email to Mr. Gourbesville. Wish me lucky, Smile
Back to top Go down
vikram

EA master! Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA master!   EA master! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:19 am

Well Carlos, Good Luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
PauloR

EA master! Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA master!   EA master! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi Vikram!

Sorry bothering you, but i would like to ask you if i have chances to receive a scholarship. Im going to explain to you my situation:

I'm a civil eng., 25 years old graduated in march/2011 in brazil, my professional experience are with internships/trainee (5 at all) and 2 of them related to hidrology and water/sewage treatment, at the moment i'm working with pipeline engineering.

Also, i have a toefl score of 95. The problem is that my academic efficiency are not that good, i have a lot of insufficient grade marks from the past and i had to do some disciplines again, but in the last 3 years of college my grades were improved and my final score is 6.0 of 10.0. I started to study more and my grades accompained the effort.

Do you think i should try? I have a lot of insufficient grade marks in the beggining of the college. Thats why i'm afraid

Thanks a lot!!!

farao
Back to top Go down
vikram

EA master! Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA master!   EA master! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:27 am

Hello PauloR

I should've mentioned this in my earlier posts but I guess I'll do so now. We are the Alumni Association of the EuroAquae course and as an organisation, we are totally independent from EuroAquae. This means that we have no role in the selection procedure, or for that matter, any other administrative matter related to EuroAquae. We are, however, all former or current EuroAquae student and as such have a good feeling about how things are operated.

So coming to your questions. Given your background and your knowledge of English, which is quite obvious from your post, I would advice you to apply as well. However, the number of scholarships is limited and there might be candidates who have performed better than you at the university level who might get preference. But even if you don't get a scholarship, you could also get offered a seat without financial support where you have to pay for everything yourself. So it is finally up to you to decide whether making this investment in time any money for the application is really worth it for you… the rest is up to the selectors.
Back to top Go down
Carlos.

EA master! Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA master!   EA master! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi!

I´ve been accepted to the Master and now i´m waiting for financial support. I would like to contact some of you in order to know how is your professional or research experience after concluding the EA Master. If anyone wants to share his/her experience and wants to keep his/her privacy can contact me at carlosmariafdez@hotmail.com.

Thank you all!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EA master! Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA master!   EA master! Empty

Back to top Go down

EA master!
Page 1 of 1