Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newsletter or Blog?

Go down 
3 posters

Newsletter or Blog?
Newletter
Newsletter or Blog? Vote_lcap0%Newsletter or Blog? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blog
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (Please elaborate with a comment)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AuthorMessage
vikram

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Newsletter or Blog? Empty
PostSubject: Newsletter or Blog?   Newsletter or Blog? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:59 am

Do you think that the possibility of creating a blog for news about the EA alumni be investigated or should the old style of sending newsletters continue? One can easily subscribe to receive any updates on a blog in their email. (Of course it might be difficult to actually go ahead and register the blog because everything will need to be done officially, which is why I ask if such a possibility should be investigated.)
Back to top Go down
deeper

deeper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter or Blog?   Newsletter or Blog? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:24 am

vikram wrote:
Do you think that the possibility of creating a blog for news about the EA alumni be investigated or should the old style of sending newsletters continue? One can easily subscribe to receive any updates on a blog in their email. (Of course it might be difficult to actually go ahead and register the blog because everything will need to be done officially, which is why I ask if such a possibility should be investigated.)

The news blog would be a good idea, but if we dont send emails to Alumni again, less and less people would keep in mind to check it regularly. So we can do it both way, just keep the news emails as before. The blog can be created as a formal propagation.
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: from Kostya   Newsletter or Blog? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi I support the idea of the newsblog (the one possibly not dependant on the server in Nice), however we could still continue placing the information on the current web site: http://www.euroaquae.org/jahia/page5258_en.html (maybe not as much as before as I assume more information will be placed on the news blog somewhere else) and send out the newsletters as no matter how good the blog is, some graduates may not be visiting it at all. The newsletters can be sent out three or two times a year.

I would add another option to the answers (or re-phrase the option "other") on the poll among the answers on the poll above. This option could be: start developing a newsblog and continue with the newsletters with lesser frequency (2-3 times a year).

I see Erasmus Mundus Alumni Association post information on their web-site and send the newsletters (not often, but they do). And I think it works out quite well.

For newsletter we can have opt-out options (not opt-in), however we should still think of the ways of reminding of ourselves to those who decide to opt-out (if any will).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter or Blog?   Newsletter or Blog? Empty

Back to top Go down

Newsletter or Blog?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EuroAquae Alumni Association :: News, ongoing events, activites and services-
Jump to: