Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

About TOEFL score

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mido

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: About TOEFL score   About TOEFL score EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi all,

I am Mohamed an engineer from Tunisia and I hold a Master Degree in Hydraulic and Environmental Modelling. Actually I am working as research assistant in USA, and I am very interested to develop my career in Hydro-informatics, then attending the EuroAquae Mater classes will fit well my expectations. My question is about the TOEFL score. Indeed, I got a score of 82 on ibT (90 is the required score) last January but I am working in USA since July 2009 and my English is getting better and better. Is it enough to secure the admission for EuroAquae or no? I asked Pr. Gourbesville and he just replied that the English certificate in compulsory for all candidates.

My problem is the test's only date available is in December 11th, then it will be difficult to get the result before January 15th, 2010. And also It is mentioned in the Master course section, that the score of 575 is required to validate the module 1.6- Languages skills, but not for the admission.

I forget to mention that I am bilingual in french. I hope this will help also to be admitted to this wonderful program.

Please does anybody had this problem last years. I will appreciate your help.
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: TOEFL score   About TOEFL score EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi Mohamed, thank you for your post on this forum. It is great to hear from you.

I think the best advice could be: to go ahead with the application and in the mean time prepare for TOEFL. When you get the results of the exam the score most likely can be updated on your application. EuroAquae is a course taught in English and having the minimum score is necessary, but it is still better to apply before the deadline and then send in your updated score certificate.
Please let us know how you get on.

Good luck!

Regards,
Kostya
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: Re: About TOEFL score   About TOEFL score EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:00 pm

And please do mention that you also know French. Is it your native tongue? Do you have some certficate that you studied French. If you do, then by all means mention these in your application and also enclose a copy of these into your application.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
mido

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: Re: About TOEFL score   About TOEFL score EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi Kostya,

Thank you very much for your advise, finally I get a solution, someone had dropped his application for the TOEFL test for the date of November 20st, Then I took his place. Now I have just to get a good score.
In other hand, I am bilingual in french language. In fact, in Tunisia I did all my university curses in French language, and I started learning French from 8 years-old. Usually, professors from France know that.

thank you again,
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: Re: About TOEFL score   About TOEFL score EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Mohamed, this is great then.

Sorry , yes I thought that Tunisia is one of the French speaking nations. C'est tres magnifique.

Faites attention a le fait que'il y a quelque persons non-francophone qui peut voir tes "application" a EuroAquae. Sorry probably my French is terrible....

Yes, there may be people from Germany, England, Spain and Hungary (EuroAquae consortium) who will be reviewing your application, so please keep this in mind as well.

Regards,
Kostya
Back to top Go down
mido

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: Re: About TOEFL score   About TOEFL score EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi Kostya,

thank you for your inputs, it's really helpful for me. For the french language I will try to make it clear for the EuroAquae consortium's members through my statement of objectives.

Regards,

PS: your french is not that bed, at least I can understand you.
Back to top Go down
srinivas

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: i didnt got my toefl score   About TOEFL score EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:10 am

hi,
i wrote my toefl exam on jun 13 , till now i didnt got my toefl score...
i sended mails to ets regarding this ,,, they replied as ur test center is on hold ,, conducting review on that test center .... like that they replied..
it is more than 3 months passed away...
i want to retake my toefl exam.. but it z high amount of money for exam..
is there any chances to get vouchar card..
pls mail me to srinviasa.a22@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
vikram

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-17

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: Re: About TOEFL score   About TOEFL score EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:42 am

Hi Srinivas,
I don't really understand what you mean by getting a voucher for a TOEFEL exam and how we can help you with that. Could you explain more in detail what you would like to do and how it is related to the EuroAquae master's course?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About TOEFL score Empty
PostSubject: Re: About TOEFL score   About TOEFL score Empty

Back to top Go down

About TOEFL score
Page 1 of 1