Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rubab Fatima Bangash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gudimetla_ar

gudimetla_ar

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Rubab Fatima Bangash Empty
PostSubject: Rubab Fatima Bangash   Rubab Fatima Bangash EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Fatima is running for the post of Secretary

****************FATIMA'S VISION IN WORDS*********************

Hello My Dear EuroAquae Fellows and Alumni Friends

My name is Rubab Fatima Bangash but all my friends call me Fatima. I am from Pakistan but presently in Nice, France for third semester of Euroaquae MSc Hydroinformatics and Water Management. I did my bachelors in Civil Engineering in 2005 and jumped into professional life soon after graduation. I have a work experience in a Multinational NGO for about three years.

I was the Vice-President of a debating society in final year during my bachelors in University of Engineering and Technology Taxila Pakistan. Before that I was working as an executive member for about one year, and I have also won first prize in interdepartmental bilingual declamation contest.

October 8, 2005 was the most devastating earthquake in the history of Pakistan.
Due to my practical experience in environmental engineering activities both in emergency and normal life, I was awarded a scholarship to attend a short course “Environmental Engineering for Developing Countries” from University of Newcastle UK sponsored by HSBC bank in December 2006. And I remained a regular guest speaker on a FM-100 radio program. That program was a part of special radio transmission for the people of earthquake affected areas. I had given many interviews voluntarily for motivation and inculcation of awareness.

As far as EuroAquae Alumni Association is concerned, I feel that this is a big opportunity for me to get back to same creative environment and community to give my services. In my opinion all Euroaquae students are members of this association and they should also contribute to develop good network and come up with new ideas.
It is not about to keep the ball rolling between few selected members of EAAA but to create a strong network of all the family members of Euroaquae in such a way that pain/problem of a single person could be felt by all other members. But this network should have capability and space to adjust and guide new comers at each and every step and conceive their bright and brisk ideas.

EAAA is a common platform for all the generations of Euroaquae members where they can find the solution of their problems and the major advantage of having this platform is to bring all the Euroaquae members closer from all the generations and find out all the possible ways to help juniors and fellow members. If I get selected for the position of secretary I will try my level best to help and work for improvement of EAAA and give my services up to the mark.

If you have any query just drop an email without any hesitation at bangash@euroaquae.eu or rubab_uet@yahoo.com

Regards,
Fatima

Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Ask Questions   Rubab Fatima Bangash EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi everybody, please ask questions to Fatima by clicking on post reply at this topic. Please note the voting starts on the 18th of October 2009. The voting will be done through this forum.

Last edited by Kostya on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

PostSubject: Kostya's questions   Rubab Fatima Bangash EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi I thought of starting to ask the questions to the candidates.

1. After the graduation, the people tend to get busier and busier, therefore I wonder how good your time management skills are as they will have to be of a good quality in order to combine work/studies/research, EAAA involvement and personal life?

2. Good time management skills are not enough, it is important to work as a team. Therefore how do you see yourself working in a team of 6 people or more (see the question number 4)?

3. During the last past two years, I saw that the willingness to be initiative plays a very important role. How initiative are you?

4. The number of the graduates of the EAAA is growing, and it is getting harder to manage the potential demands of the six generations (in two years there will be eight generations), therefore after a brief discussion among some of the members of the CB of EAAA, we decided that it would be good to create an Executive Committee which will comprise some 10 – 20 people, each of them having a certain responsibility such as updating a website, preparing the Star of the Month articles, checking and responding the messages on the forum. The Constitution of the EAAA already has the provision of such an Executive Committee. The Constitution can be downloaded from here (opens a PDF file). What do you think of such an idea?

Thank you for your responses.

Kostya
Back to top Go down
fatima

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Rubab Fatima Bangash   Rubab Fatima Bangash EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 8:29 am

Quote :

1. After the graduation, the people tend to get busier and busier, therefore I wonder how good your time management skills are as they will have to be of a good quality in order to combine work/studies/research, EAAA involvement and personal life?

2. Good time management skills are not enough, it is important to work as a team. Therefore how do you see yourself working in a team of 6 people or more (see the question number 4)?

I was executive member of a debating society and we arranged many national and interdepartmental declamation contests, from there I learnt how to manage studies with my cocurricular activities. If you know personally all your team members and have better understanding with them, then you’ll enjoy your work without feeling any burden. I think it also depends how do you priorities things, if I am dedicated to do something and ready to take responsibility I’ll have to take out time for that.
Quote :

3. During the last past two years, I saw that the willingness to be initiative plays a very important role. How initiative are you?

To become initiative its better to get familiar with the new environment first, which always take some time to know about the new things that will help somewhere down the line in taking decisions. I always take some time in the beginning to understand new responsibilities and all possible opportunities, which help me to take some initiatives in future.

Quote :

4. The number of the graduates of the EAAA is growing, and it is getting harder to manage the potential demands of the six generations (in two years there will be eight generations), therefore after a brief discussion among some of the members of the CB of EAAA, we decided that it would be good to create an Executive Committee which will comprise some 10 – 20 people, each of them having a certain responsibility such as updating a website, preparing the Star of the Month articles, checking and responding the messages on the forum. The Constitution of the EAAA already has the provision of such an Executive Committee. The Constitution can be downloaded from here (opens a PDF file). What do you think of such an idea?

It is a wonderful idea to have an executive committee and distribute our work to maintain and improve the standard of EAAA. We all are coming from different background and everybody has experience in diversified fields, if somebody is interested to contribute to EAAA by taking some responsibility then there should not be any kind hurdle for him or her to become a member for EAAA. Choosing responsibility according to your interest will improve the standard of EAAA as it will open the window of creativity and introducing new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

PostSubject: Re: Rubab Fatima Bangash   Rubab Fatima Bangash EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Fatima,

Thank you for your answers.

So far the association has been running as an organization with no financial backing.

Most of the activities were sponsored by those who took part in those, with the exception of the participation in the Erasmus Mundus Alumni association's activities and my trip to Nice in March 2009, where the money was provided for taking part in the lecture Ethics in Engineering and not for the participation in the board meeting.

Actually such way in my opinion was better than introducing membership fees etc, however do you think it should stay like this? Which ways of funding of the association do you see?

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
fatima

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Rubab Fatima Bangash   Rubab Fatima Bangash EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:51 am

Quote :

So far the association has been running as an organization with no financial backing.

Most of the activities were sponsored by those who took part in those, with the exception of the participation in the Erasmus Mundus Alumni association's activities and my trip to Nice in March 2009, where the money was provided for taking part in the lecture Ethics in Engineering and not for the participation in the board meeting.

Actually such way in my opinion was better than introducing membership fees etc, however do you think it should stay like this? Which ways of funding of the association do you see?

Thank you in advance.

Well in my opinion there should be a nominal amount of fee to become a member of EAAA. But this should not be the only way of financial backing. I am not sure of my idea that it will work out or not but a suggestion is to involve some big companies where many of our Euroaquae colleagues are doing job or internship. We can use their company logos in our website but it needs some marketing skills to convince them and get some financial support for EAAA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubab Fatima Bangash   Rubab Fatima Bangash Empty

Back to top Go down

Rubab Fatima Bangash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EuroAquae Alumni Association :: ELECTIONS :: 2009 :: Candidates campaign-
Jump to: