Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gopiraaman LVS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gudimetla_ar

gudimetla_ar

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Gopiraaman is running for the posts: President, Treasurer

**************GOPIRAAMAN'S VISION IN WORDS ******************

My Dear fellow EuroAquae students and Alumni friends,

I am Gopiraaman LVS fondly called as Gopi by friends, from India. I am Generation 5 student presently doing my specialization in Urban Water Management at UNSA. I have done my bachelors in Civil Engineering from BITS Pilani (India). Right after my graduation, I started working as a software engineer for India’s software giant Infosys Technologies Ltd., India for 13 months. I have also done internship at DHI Denmark twice (Jan-Jun 2007 and summer 2009).

I was the batch representative during my first semester in Cottbus and was elected as the batch representative of whole G5 in Newcastle. Represented G5 in the coordination board meeting held in Newcastle (May 2009). Successful in raising the issues faced by the students in front of the board and came out with feasible solutions. I was the one who reactivated mentorship scheme for G6 students. I was acting as a chief mentor and assigned mentors for all the students from G6. I gave advices regarding the visa and accommodation issues. I also actively participated in the informal gathering organized by the previous generation students.

I have the capability to manage things at a large scale. During my bachelors, I was the head of the Sports organizing committee which comprised of more than 50 members. The total budget of the event was over 1 million INR. We made a profit of 0.2 million INR. I was the coordinator of Civil Engineering Association and helped students in displaying their award winning projects. I have also held posts like school pupil leader, secretary of school interact club. I was also an active member of NIRMAAN, a non Govt and non profit organization in India committed to work for poverty free, knowledge powered and economically empowered Nation by focusing on providing education and livelihood opportunities for underprivileged people. I was acting as a student co-instructor for 30 students in their university – industry linkage program. These posts and responsibilities improved my leadership qualities and managerial skills.

EAAA is the bridge between alumni and the students. It gives us the opportunity to have our voice raised. After reading all the constitution and bye-laws, it’s pretty clear that it’s certainly not a one man show. If I get elected, I will work with my fellow team mates and I’ll try to come out with feasible solutions for all the problems. I would be delighted to be a part of it. I’ll try to introduce some new things for the betterment of EuroAquae community.

After self assessing myself and having considered my managerial and leadership skills, I have decided to run for President and Treasurer post. I am self confident and good in oral communication. I am a team player. Given a responsibility, I will try to fulfill to the best of my abilities.

If you have further queries, please feel free to ask me. Shoot me a mail at gopiram.lvs@gmail.com or you can contact me @ +33 69907 8885.

Regards,
Gopiraaman

Back to top Go down
gudimetla_ar

gudimetla_ar

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: ASK QUESTIONS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi everybody, please ask questions to Gopiraaman by clicking on post reply at this topic. Please note the voting starts on the 18th of October 2009. The voting will be done through this forum.
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Kostya's questions   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi I thought of starting to ask the questions to the candidates.

1. After the graduation, the people tend to get busier and busier, therefore I wonder how good your time management skills are as they will have to be of a good quality in order to combine work/studies/research, EAAA involvement and personal life?

2. Good time management skills are not enough, it is important to work as a team. Therefore how do you see yourself working in a team of 6 people or more (see the question number 4)?

3. During the last past two years, I saw that the willingness to be initiative plays a very important role. How initiative are you?

4. The number of the graduates of the EAAA is growing, and it is getting harder to manage the potential demands of the six generations (in two years there will be eight generations), therefore after a brief discussion among some of the members of the CB of EAAA, we decided that it would be good to create an Executive Committee which will comprise some 10 – 20 people, each of them having a certain responsibility such as updating a website, preparing the Star of the Month articles, checking and responding to the messages on the forum. The Constitution of the EAAA already has the provision of such an Executive Committee. The Constitution can be downloaded from here (opens a PDF file). What do you think of such an idea?

Thank you for your responses.

Kostya
Back to top Go down
Gopi

Gopi

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:48 am

1) Well. I think if you are dedicated towards whatever you do, you'll be a good manager. I have held many posts during my undergraduation and I was the representative for G5. It is not an official environment.It wont take much of our time in attending meetings and answering emails. We know each other. So I dont think it'll be difficult in managing things. In the nutshell, I think I'm good at time management.Thats the reason am running for two posts in the elections.

2)Team work works. Since we know each other already, I dont think it'll be difficult to get along and work towards our goals.Even if we have different positions, if we are working as a team, we'll achieve our goals in less time. Am a good team player. So I think I can do my level best when working in a team.

3)I was the one who initiated mentorship programme for G6 which wasn't there for our generation.If I know that I am right and I'll be successful, then I won't be wasting time in implementing that. When I work in a team, I'll discuss this with my team first.

4)I think its good to have more members in the executive team. We can share our work amongst ourselves. It'll be interesting to hear more comments/suggestions before taking a final decision for any issue. Presently alumni are posting the job info on the forum. I think its a nice idea to have separate page for each of us where we can share things about our job and other related stuffs. To summarize, nothing is permanent in this World except for the change. So change is good. I'll try to introduce some new things for the benefit of our community.
Back to top Go down
stannn

stannn

Registration date : 2007-07-24

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Stanley's questions   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 am

Hi,

Please find my simples questions below:

1. Why do you want to serve as President and Treasurer and not others?

2. What personal or professional experiences or abilities distinguish you from others?

3. What specific actions or plans would you implement toward attracting more active members to the alumni? If you do have something in mind, will the plan fulfill students' needs through the programs? Why is that?

Thank you for your responses

Stanley
Back to top Go down
Gopi

Gopi

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:08 am

stannn wrote:

1. Why do you want to serve as President and Treasurer and not others?
I have worked as a Co-ordinator of Civil Engg Association and was responsible for lots of activities during my undergraduation. I was the head of the sports committee and organized national level sports meet in our university. I had to deal with 1 million Indian rupees and we made a profit of 0.2 million out of that event. In addition to these, I was an active member of an NGO during my bachelors. Since I have these abilities, I think I will better suit for these two posts than others.

stannn wrote:

2. What personal or professional experiences or abilities distinguish you from others?

As I already mentioned, I have managerial skills and I am good at managing cash flow which I gained through the posts which I held during my bachelors. I believe in "Be optimistic and Be positive always". These experiences will distinguish me from others.

stannn wrote:

3. What specific actions or plans would you implement toward attracting more active members to the alumni? If you do have something in mind, will the plan fulfill students' needs through the programs? Why is that?

If I get elected, first of all I'll contact all the students and tell them about the benefits of being an active member in the association. I'll ask the alumni to share their professional experience with all the students. We can discuss all kinds of issues on the platform and come out with feasible solutions. More importantly we have to advertise our forum and get some sponsorships for get together.
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:53 pm

Gopi, thank you for your answers.

I liked the idea of having a page per each member where they can share some of the experiences related to the field and which may be of interest to the others.....However I think it will not be compulsory to place information on that page at all.

So far the EAAA has been running as an organization with no financial backing.

Most of the activities were sponsored by those who took part in those, with the exception of the participation in the Erasmus Mundus Alumni association's activities and my trip to Nice in March 2009, where the money was provided for taking part in the lecture Ethics in Engineering and not for the participation in the board meeting.

Actually such way in my opinion was better than introducing membership fees etc, however do you think it should stay like this? Which ways of funding of the association do you see?

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Kostya

Kostya

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Also could you please expand on your involvement with different activities for the EuroAquae students?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Gopi

Gopi

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:14 am

Dear Kostya,

Thanks for your questions.
Quote :

I liked the idea of having a page per each member where they can share some of the experiences related to the field and which may be of interest to the others.....However I think it will not be compulsory to place information on that page at all.

Regarding the webpage, its not compulsory to place all the information online. If we are doing so, all of us will be motivated. We can also get to know what kind of technologies are hot in the present market. If Alumni are participating, then it will automatically attract more and more new students.

Quote :

Most of the activities were sponsored by those who took part in those, with the exception of the participation in the Erasmus Mundus Alumni association's activities and my trip to Nice in March 2009, where the money was provided for taking part in the lecture Ethics in Engineering and not for the participation in the board meeting.

Well.. Before two generations the strength was less when compared to the present situation. I think since EA family is growing strong, each one can contribute a small amount to become a member. There can be two kind of memberships. One is lifetime member and the other one is annual membership. This can be done in order to run the association efficiently. Everbody will be actively participating in the association activities. And also we can get some corporate sponsorships. We can have our recruiters on the webpage. By doing so, we can get some amount which we can use it for running the association.
Back to top Go down
Gopi

Gopi

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:22 am

Quote :

Kostya wrote:
Also could you please expand on your involvement with different activities for the EuroAquae students?

I have been actively participating in different activities since my first semester. During my first semester, I was acting as the student representative of EuroAquae at BTU,Cottbus. During my second semester at Newcastle, I was again selected as the batch representative of G5. I attended the meeting with Coordination Board. Samuel and me together discussed all the issues faced by us and tried to come out with feasible solutions. For our generation there wasn't any mentorship programme. But I requested the coordination board and reactivated that programme for G6. I assigned mentors to all the newcomers with myself being the chief mentor.
Back to top Go down
miwu

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Questions,thanks   Gopiraaman LVS EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 2:51 am

Hi, gopi

Thanks for all what you did for us.
Here are some questions:

1 Which qualites are neccesary or important for being a president of EAAA?
2 Which qualities do you have regarding question1?
3 What do you plan to do if you are the president pf EAAA?

Thank you in advance.

mi
Back to top Go down
Gopi

Gopi

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:17 am

Hi Mi,

Thanks for your questions.

Quote :

Mi wrote:
1 Which qualites are neccesary or important for being a president of EAAA?
2 Which qualities do you have regarding question1?

According to me, leadership and managerial skills are very important. One should be enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic in introducing something new. You should take an initiative and address the same to your team. We have to discuss and analyse whether the solution is feasible or not. I am confident about myself. I have leadership and managerial skills which I gained from my previous posts during my bachelors. I am energetic and dynamic with high analytical skills. Since I possess these qualities, I think I can suit for the post of President.

Quote :

Mi wrote:
3 What do you plan to do if you are the president pf EAAA?

If I get elected as the President, first of all I'll try to contact all the alumni who are inactive and I'll request them to be the part of the association. I have already discussed about the webpage for all the students and alumni. I have also mentioned about the membership fees and some sponsorships for the events.

I hope I answered all your questions. If not feel free to get back to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gopiraaman LVS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopiraaman LVS   Gopiraaman LVS Empty

Back to top Go down

Gopiraaman LVS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EuroAquae Alumni Association :: ELECTIONS :: 2009 :: Candidates campaign-
Jump to: